Counseling Services help students manage obstacles that threaten their academic, career and life goals. Academic counseling is available for students who need assistance with major selection, test-taking skills, and time management. Personal issues such as anxiety, depression, and addictions can be discussed confidentially.
Counseling sessions are free to students and completely confidential.
Counselors are located at all campuses. At the Hardin Valley Campus, call 694-6547, 694-6591 or 539-7293 for an appointment. For counselors located at Blount, Division, Strawberry Plains and Magnolia, stop by the Counseling Services Office at each campus.
Disability Services coordinates services and academic accommodations for students who self-identify and provide appropriate documentation of their disabling condition(s).
Services include but are not limited to:
- Individualized accommodation plans
- Professional Services (e.g. interpreters, TypeWell) for students who are deaf and hearing impaired
- Assistance with registration and advising
- Scribes and lab assistants
- Obtaining a Volunteer Note Taker
- Textbooks in alternate formats (e.g. books-on-tape, E-texts)
- Liaison to Vocational Rehabilitation, Veteran’s Administration, and Pellissippi State faculty/staff
- Print enlargement services
- Assistance with Voter registration
- Assistance in obtaining parking hang-tags
The Career Services office strives to provide career development opportunities for all students. They also assist students in A.A.S. degree tracks through access to employment opportunities. Career Services offers:
- Resume writing assistance
- Interviewing skills
- Business etiquette
- Current job listings for employers on physical and online job boards
- Career fairs on various PSCC campuses
- Bringing our A.A.S. graduates and co-op students together with employers